By: Classic Communications on
Sep. 26th, 2018
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania – September 26, 2018 – The Pennsylvania National Horse Show, which returns to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg, October 11-20, will feature many attractions, in addition to its outstanding equestrian competition, both inside and outside the arena.
The PNHS is one of the premier indoor equestrian events in the country and draws the nation’s top hunters and jumpers, featuring many of the top names in the sport, including Olympic medalists and veterans. During the ten days of competition, 1,400 qualified Junior and Adult competitors from the U.S. and abroad vie for the top prizes, titles, and eight national championships – including the prestigious Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Final, and the Neue Schule/USEF National Junior Jumper Individual and Team Championships. “Junior Weekend” takes place October 11-14, followed by “Adult Week” October 15-20, culminating in the thrilling $132,000 Prix de Penn National Grand Prix.
The schedule of special events and entertainment attractions includes:
- Saturday, Oct. 13 – 1:00-4:00 p.m.: Family Fun Day – Fun for ALL in the main lobby at the Farm Show Complex! Crafts, Draft Horse Wagon Rides, Caricature Artist, Chipper the Pony, Story Telling by Local Authors and Behind the Scene Tours
- Monday, Oct. 15: "Hunt Night" – Featuring the Parade of Hounds during the Hunt Night competition, which includes field-hunting teams from the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17: "Pony Up for Pink" – Featuring media celebrities and the PA Breast Cancer Coalition; also the $15,000 Dash for the Cash
- Thursday evening, Oct. 18: $50,000 Pennsylvania Big Jump; First Capital Drumline Entertainment from York, PA
- Friday afternoon, Oct. 19: "Foundation Friday” – Featuring two Therapeutic Riding Championships and the Award to the Therapy Horse of the Year!
- Friday evening, Oct. 19: $35,000 Keystone Classic Speed Stake; Polo Demonstration from Garrison Forest School
- Saturday evening, Oct. 20: Olympians ride in the $132,000 Grand Prix de Penn National, immediately followed by Stunt Dog Productions Entertainment featuring Rescue Dogs from across the nation. Meet & Greet these canine celebrities at 5:30 in Main Lobby. Also, Singer/Songwriter Olivia Farabaugh, former contestant on “The Voice” will perform prior to the Grand Prix, off of the lobby.
Pennsylvania National Horse Show also offers a huge variety of shopping opportunities! Open daily during the show from 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., more than 70 specialty boutiques on two levels offer hours of shopping for one-of-a-kind products – not only for the horseman! Shops offer everything from fine arts, antiques, gifts, horse tack, clothing of all types, accessories and much more. Be sure to visit the PNHS Foundation Silent Auction and bid on-site to support therapeutic riding and equine rescue programs.
Tickets are available online or at the door throughout the show. With several free admission days, there’s something for everyone at the Pennsylvania National Horse Show, October 11–20, 2018. See more at www.PAnational.org.
About The Pennsylvania National Horse Show Foundation
The Pennsylvania National Horse Show Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization, provides support for therapeutic riding and equine rescue programs. The Foundation makes grants exclusively for charitable and educational purposes to acquaint, teach and train the public in therapeutic equestrian endeavors and to support equine rescue efforts. Proceeds from the show benefit the Foundation.
For more information, updates, promotions, vendor information, tickets, and more, please visit www.PANational.org or call (717) 770-0222.
Updates can also be found on social media at: